Well a bit of a update on time line. Launch day has been moved to June 29th, 2018. Mainly to put a bit more funds in the bank before we walk away from our Jobs. That also adds to dates being moved and stops being changed. Our flexibility is really starting to show up. Our route has been moved and removed to be more about the places to see and things to do. And less about the worry of how long to stay.
Trip Planning well more like Future planning I guess. A big part of all our travels is we plan to stay off freeways. Can we do it? Only time will tell. To plan our trip we are using both Google Earth and Google maps. But at the end of the day I think we’ll fall back on good old paper maps and map books once out on the road.
Launch date is June 16th, 2018. But that’s not our whole picture, we move into the RV on April 1st, 2018. See we have out house sold, and the new owners(friends of ours) need to move in sooner cause their currant place is killing them with utility bills. So we’ll live in the driveway and save some cash. Cash is good.. LOL
Our currant plan, route idea goes loosely as follows.
- Launch Day June 17th, 2018
- Muskegon, MI to Fife Lake, MI June 18th
- Fife Lake to Indian River, MI (Cross in the Woods) to Pictured Rock National Park June 18 to 21st
- Pictured Rock to Green Bay, WI June 21 to 28th
- Travel days June 28th to July 2nd
- Green Bay to Sioux Falls, SD July 2 to 7th
- Travel Days July 7th to 9th
- Band lands National Park 9th to 15th
- Rapid City, SD July 15th to 25th
- Colorado July 26th to August 25th
- Roswell, NM August 26th to December 30th
That’s the rough lay out till years end. From the time we leave Sioux Falls to New Mexico things are real veg. No real direction just a hat full of locations. The only place we do see need to book a camp site ahead of time will be Sioux Falls. Being that’s a holiday week we’ll be there. Most others it will be a mix of Full Hook ups and Boondocking. We’d like to be able to stay off the grid for 2-3 weeks at a time. So creativity is King on this one.